July 18 2019
HAMILTON, ON -Construction on Locke St S is progressing well and new changes have been implemented on site in order to accommodate the next phase of construction. To manage traffic delays caused by the full closure on Locke St and to accommodate for work in the immediate area, several surrounding one-way streets have been converted to two-way streets.
Two-way converted streets include:
- Charlton Ave W is two way from the west side of Locke St to Dundurn St
- Charlton Ave W is two way from the east side of Locke St to Kent St
- Charlton Ave W will remain one way westbound from James St to Kent St
- Chatham St is two way from Locke St to Dundurn St.
- Alexander St is two way from Locke St to Reginald St
- Reginald St is two way from Tuckett St to Charlton Ave
In addition, Hunter St, Bold St, Pine St and Tuckett Street were converted to two-way traffic earlier on in the project.
As a result of these changes, the Charlton Ave bike lane will be closed temporarily. Cyclists should follow the detour route or check the map at Locke St Improvements for an alternate route.
All sidewalks and businesses in the area are open.
For a map of parking options and directions on wayfinding in the Locke St area, please visit map.hamilton.ca/lockestimprovements
HSR customers traveling in the area should check the HSR Detours for details.
The City thanks residents for their patience and cooperation as we complete these important infrastructure improvements.