February 22 2017
HAMILTON, ON - February 22, 2017 - Organizers of local Canada 150 events are encouraged to promote their event on our website at www.hamilton.ca/Canada150.
Recently launched, the goal of the City of Hamilton’s Canada 150 online event listings is to promote every Canada 150 event happening in Hamilton in 2017 that are open and accessible to the general public.
- In 2017, Canada turns 150 years old
- This year, Hamilton joins many other Canadian cities celebrating this landmark anniversary
- Be it big or small, rural or urban, traditional or eclectic, every celebration counts
- Confirmed Signature Canada 150 events in Hamilton include:
- Golden Anniversary celebration at Dundurn Castle - June 17
- Canada Day food trucks, fireworks and fun at Bayfront Park and Pier 4 - July 1
- The return of the majestic Tall Ships to Pier 8 - July 1
- Air Force Day at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum - July 8
- Peace by Piece: Stitching Together Canadian Stories at the Cotton Factory - July 10 to August 16
To be included in the Canada 150 online event listings, organizers are asked to complete an online form. Events that meet the criteria will be listed online and may be included in Canada 150 marketing initiatives.
“This important anniversary offers us all a chance to reflect on our city’s contributions to the growth of our nation – from our proud industrial roots to the exciting revitalization transforming our city. It’s also a chance to imagine the kind of city we want to build moving forward.” Fred Eisenberger, Mayor – City of Hamilton
“Canada’s 150th gives us a great reason to reflect, celebrate and imagine with some incredible local programming. There will be something for everyone. The City of Hamilton is thrilled to bring unique experiences to residents and visitors this year, in addition to supporting other community-led events.” Anna Bradford, Director, Tourism and Culture Division – City of Hamilton