March 23 2017
HAMILTON, ON - March 22, 2017 - On Sunday, March 26 the Around the Bay Road Race will attract thousands of people to Hamilton to participate in the oldest road race in North America. For the safety of participants and spectators, the City of Hamilton will be closing several roads and implementing lane restrictions.
Some of the closures include:
- York Boulevard will be closed between Bay Street to Queen Street 6 am to 4 pm
- The 403 ramp from York Boulevard will be closed 9 am to 4 pm
- Bay Street will be closed between York Boulevard to King Street 6 am to 4 pm
- York Boulevard will be closed between Queen Street to Plains Road 9 am to 4 pm
- Burlington Street (eastbound) will be closed between Parkdale to Woodward closed from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
For a complete list of closures, restrictions and maps that show the race route please visit www.hamilton.ca/roadclosures.
The Around the Bay Road Race will also impact the HSR and will require a temporary rerouting of some bus routes. For more information about bus detours, visit www.hamilton.ca/hsrdetours.
The latest updates will also be shared via the HSR’s Twitter account @HSR.