Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
October 8 2020
For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Due to the statutory holiday taking place on Monday, October 12 these City services will have changes:
Green Cart, Recycling, Leaf and Yard waste and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, leaf and yard waste or garbage pick-up.
- Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed.
- Your pick-up will be one day later if it falls on or after the holiday.
- To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday schedule on Monday, October 12, with span reduction in the late evening having the last trips departing from downtown at 10 pm.
- For Red Hill Business Park (RHBP) employees travelling on October 12, HSR bus service and TransCab service will end earlier, and TransCab service will operate to/from Canada Bread and Maple Leaf Foods only.
- For more information please visit www.hamilton.ca/hsr or call 905-527-4441.
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, October 12.
- All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, Ocotber 12. If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make a reservation up to 3 days in advance to do so. ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, October 12.
Hamilton Civic Museums
- All museums will be closed on Monday, October 12.
- For further details, please visit Hamilton Civic Museums.
Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse
- The Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse will be closed on Monday, October 12.
- More information can be found at www.hamilton.ca/attractions/culture/gage-park-greenhouse.
- Recreation centres, senior clubs and senior centres, and arenas will be closed on Monday, October 12.
- Visit the Recreation Schedule for a list of weekend activities.
Hamilton Public Library
- All Hamilton Public Library locations will be closed on Sunday October 11 and Monday, October 12.
- Most* HPL branches are open Mondays, 10 am to 6 pm. *Bookmobile, Carlisle, Freelton, Greensville, Lynden and Mount Hope branches are closed Mondays. All HPL branches are open Tuesdays to Fridays,10 am to 6 pm and Saturdays,10 am to 5 pm for browsing, computer use, printing services, and Makerspace. All locations are closed Sundays.
- For more information, call 905-546-3200, email [email protected], or chat and learn more at hpl.ca.
Hamilton Farmers’ Market Hours
- Sunday, October 11 - Closed
- Monday, October 12 - Closed
- Tuesday, October 13 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday, October 14 - Closed
- Thursday, October 15 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday, October 16 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, October 17 - 8 am to 4 pm
Public Health Services
For Public Health matters concerning:
- Reports of suspected reportable diseases and food poisoning, call 905-546-2063
- Reports of environmental spills, fires or other events that may be a health hazard or safety issue, call 905-546-2489
- Reports of rabies animal exposures, call 905-546-2489
- Safe Water Program issues that may be a health hazard, call 905-546-2489 or visit www.hamilton.ca/safewater
- For COVID-19 related health info visit www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus, call the COVID hotline at 905-974-9848, or email [email protected].
- The Animal Services Shelter will be closed on Sunday, October 11 and Monday, October 12.
- For 24-hour Animal Services emergency issues, please call: 905-574-3433.
Municipal Service Centres
- All Municipal Service Centres will be closed on Monday, Ocotber 12. Service Canada services remain suspended until further notice.
- Learn more about Municipal Service Centre locations and services available.
- The Provincial Offences Administration Office at 50 Main St. E. will be closed on Monday, October 12.
- Online payments can be made anytime at www.hamilton.ca/pay-your-ticket.