April 9 2019
HAMILTON, ON - As we continue to build a more modern HSR service that improves the customer experience, effective April 28 2019, HSR will be implementing changes affecting the following routes:
Re-routing of Route 7 LOCKE due to construction will begin on April 28 and remain in effect for the duration of the project. Re-routing buses will require customers to walk into the Locke St shopping district, but will allow buses on routes 7, 8 and 6 (they are all interlined) to maintain schedule integrity.
Permanent re-routing of Route 34 UPPER PARADISE. This route has been impacted by a number of speed calming initiatives over recent years and buses are no longer able to remain on schedule. Upcoming changes to the route should make route 34 service more reliable for customers.
- The route is being shortened and will now end at Main/MacNab rather than King/James.
- Customers who previously accessed service on the King corridor will now be required to walk to Main St to catch the bus.
- Connections from east-bound buses on Main to southbound buses going up the Mountain will now be made at Main/MacNab, while connections from west-bound buses on King to southbound buses going up the Mountain will do the same.
Permanent change to bus stops on King between James and MacNab. The stop platform is being expanded to allow for greater accessibility for the six different route variations that operate at this location. The stops have been consolidated and re-aligned so that the buses running along Main St W will operate from the stop closest to MacNab, while the buses running through McMaster University will operate from the stop closest to James.
Trial stop re-location for the bus stop for Routes 2 BARTON and 3 CANNON from James/King to James/King William. The trial will take place from April 28 until September 2019. The aim is to alleviate congestion created by multiple buses attempting to service a singular platform while at the same location other buses are attempting to turn onto James.
Riverdale Pilot, has been extended until June 22, 2019.
RBC Canadian Open Shuttles
Express service provided between downtown Hamilton and the Hamilton Golf and Country Club via Highway 403. Bus Stops are:
To Hamilton Golf and Country Club:
- King Street, north side, opposite MacNab (route 10 bus stop which will be implemented for April 28 2019)
- King Street, north side, east of Bay (northeast corner, nearside bus stop)
- King Street at Caroline Street (northeast corner, nearside bus stop)
To Downtown Hamilton:
- Main Street at Caroline (southwest corner, nearside bus stop)
- Main Street at Bay (southwest corner, nearside bus stop)
- Main Street at MacNab (southwest corner, nearside bus stop)
Pickup/Dropoff Point at Hamilton Golf and Country Club:
Golflinks Road, south side, east of the service entrance opposite Golfdale Place. This is just east of the main spectator entrance to the tournament.
Please note that the bus stops at Bay and Caroline in both directions were added to service the hotels in the vicinity.
Shuttle Dates & Times
The service will be provided from:
Thursday, June 6 to Saturday, June 8
- 7 to 10 am every 30 minutes
- 10 am to 8 pm every 20 minutes
Sunday, June 9
- 7 to 10 am every 30 minutes
- 10 am to 7 pm every 20 minutes
Friday and Saturday Evenings RBCX Concert Series
Additional service will be added in the evening in order to get spectators back downtown after the completion of the concert.
Please note that the shuttle service will not be available from Monday to Wednesday for the practice and Pro-Am rounds. On these dates, spectators will need to take the 5A/5C buses destined to/from the Ancaster Meadowlands. The 5A/5C buses will take customers to the intersection of Golflinks and McNiven. A walk of about 10 minutes westerly along Golflinks Road would be required to get to the main spectator entrance opposite Golfdale Place.
For more information, schedules and notices, please visit www.hamilton.ca/hsr-bus-schedules-fares/schedule-routes-maps.