May 14 2020
The public is reminded that the City has suspended all City-run programming and has closed of all City administration facilities, play structures, park benches and amenities, sports fields, City golf courses, dog parks, skate parks, waterfall locations and the escarpment stairs until further notice.
In the interest of public health and safety, the public is reminded NOT to use any closed areas or remove any City closure equipment at any time. To view affected City services due to COVID-19, visit www.hamilton.ca/covidclosures.
The City remains prepared to respond to emergencies. Emergency response by Hamilton Police, the Hamilton Fire Department, and the Hamilton Paramedic Service is not impacted.
For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Due to the statutory holiday taking place on Monday, May 18 these City services will have changes:
Green Cart, Recycling, Leaf and Yard waste and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste or garbage pick-up.
- Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed.
- Temporary Leaf and Yard Waste collection - bi-weekly rotation will continue for AREA A on Monday, May 18
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday Schedule on Monday, May 18.
- For more information please visit www.hamilton.ca/hsr or call 905-527-4441.
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, May 18. All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, May 18. If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so. ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, May 18.
Hamilton Farmers’ Market Hours
- Thursday, May 14 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday, May 15 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, May 16 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, May 17 - Closed
- Monday, May 18- Closed
- Tuesday, May 19 - 9 am to 4 pm