May 15 2019
HAMILTON, ON - All City of Hamilton administrative offices will be closed on Monday, May 20 and will re-open on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems, public health and safety issues, please call 905-546-CITY (2489).
A complete list of holiday schedules is available below.
Green Cart, Recycling and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, yard waste, or garbage pick-up on Monday, May 20.
- Your pick-up will be one day later if it falls on or after the holiday
- All materials must be at the curb by 7 am
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed Monday, May 20.
HSR Bus Schedules
The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday Schedule on Monday, May 20. Please call HSR information at 905-527-4441 for more details.
DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, May 20. All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, May 20. If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so. ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, May 20.
Bennetto, Central, Stoney Creek, Valley and Westmount Recreation Centres will be on modified hours and programs. Please visit www.hamilton.ca/recreation for program times.Arenas will be closed.
Senior Centres will be closed. Club 60, Dundas, Main Hess, Rosedale, Warden Park and Winona Senior Clubs will be opened. Please visit www.hamilton.ca/recreation for program times.
Hamilton Civic Museums
All museums will be closed on Monday, May 20. For further details, please visit Hamilton Civic Museums
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre (Lister Building, 28 James St. N) will be closed Monday, May 20. Details: www.tourismhamilton.com/visitor-services
Hamilton Farmers' Market
- Saturday, May 18 - 7 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, May 19 - closed
- Monday, May 20 - closed
- Tuesday, May 21 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Wednesday, May 22 - closed
- Thursday, May 23 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Friday, May 24 - 8 am to 6 pm
Hamilton Public Library
All Hamilton Public Library locations are closed on Sunday, May 19 and Monday, May 20 for the holiday.
- No Extended Access Hours at the Freelton and Lynden branches.
- No Extended Access Study Hall hours at the Red Hill and Terryberry branches on Monday, May 20.
For more information on library hours, please visit www.hpl.ca
Public Health Services
For Public Health matters concerning:
- Reports of suspected reportable diseases and food poisoning, call 905-546-2063
- Reports of environmental spills, fires or other events that may be a health hazard or safety issue, call 905-546-2489
- Reports of rabies animal exposures, call 905-546-2489
- Safe Water Program issues that may be a health hazard, call 905-546-2489 or visit www.hamilton.ca/safewater
- All Ontario Works offices, including the Career Development Centre and Special Supports, will be closed Monday, May 20 and will re-open on Tuesday, May 21 at 8:30 am
- The Housing Services office at 350 King Street East will be closed Monday, May 20 and will re-open on Tuesday, May 21 at 8:30 am
The Animal Services Shelter will be closed Sunday, May 19 and Monday, May 20. For 24-hour Animal Services emergency issues, please call 905-574-3433.
Property Tax Payments
- During the holiday, you may submit your property tax payment into a drop box at the rear doors of City Hall, 71 Main Street West or at one of our Municipal Service Centres. Only cheque payments will be accepted in the drop box.
- All Municipal Service Centres will be closed Monday, May 20. The City of Hamilton offers five convenient ways to pay your property taxes.
Learn about the payment options at www.hamilton.ca/PayYourPropertyTax.
Municipal Service Centre locations:
Payments may also be made anytime by mail to:
The City of Hamilton
c/o Tax Department
71 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
- The Parking Office at 80 Main Street West will be closed Monday, May 20.
- Online payments can be made at: www.hamilton.ca/pay-your-ticket
Payment of parking violations can be made by:
- mail to the pre-printed address indicated on the parking tag or dropped off into the drop box at the nearest Municipal Service Centre or Taxation Division.
- The Hamilton Municipal Parking System office at 80 Main St. West, at Summers Lane, also accepts payments for parking violations at its drop box.
- The Provincial Offences Administration Office at 50 Main St. E. will be closed Monday, May 20.
Online payments can be made anytime at: www.hamilton.ca/pay-your-ticket