This service increases community engagement by promoting a culture of public participation, advances collaborative action taking by community partners and ensures the diverse voices of residents continue to influence City of Hamilton strategic priorities. This service includes:
- Our Future Hamilton Community Vision - The Our Future Hamilton Community Vision reflects the values and aspirations of the thousands of residents who participated in the yearlong community visioning process. It defines our residents’ expectations for the next 25 years.
- Age Friendly Hamilton - The City of Hamilton and key community partners are implementing the recommendations in Hamilton’s Age Friendly Plan, which has guided municipal decision-makers, staff and community stakeholders in addressing the needs and priorities of older adults in Hamilton.
- Urban Indigenous Strategy - The City of Hamilton recognizes and acknowledges that it is located on the traditional territories of the Mississauga and Haudenosaunee nations, and within the lands protected by the “Dish With One Spoon” wampum agreement. The City’s Urban Indigenous Strategy is an action plan that aims to strengthen the City’s relationship with the Indigenous community.
- Neighbourhood Development - A collaborative partnership that supports resident engagement, community development, action planning and implementation to increase community health and inclusivity.
- Strategic Youth Initiatives - This subservice supports the advancement of strategic youth initiatives in the community through engagement, collective action taking, and progress reporting.
- Xperience Annex – The Xperience Annex is a partnership initiative between the City of Hamilton and community partners in education, health care and employment providers, the Xperience Annex supports youth ages 18-29 in achieving their goals.
- Snow Angels - A volunteer snow removal service for City of Hamilton residents that are low income or eligible seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Date modified: