This service supports the wider arts and cultural community and Hamilton as a whole to enrich Hamilton’s quality of life and sense of place through direct outreach and collaboration.
- Cultural Marketing - The development and implementation of research based strategies and supporting tactics across multiple mediums in the areas of arts, culture, and heritage which target specific audiences (residents, visitors) and sectors (businesses, travel/trade, education) with a goal to enhance the city’s image, grow audience participation, foster civic pride and increase Hamilton’s economic activity and impact.
- Cultural Policies and Strategies - To implement the approved Cultural Plan, provide facilitation for community grants and build awareness of and participation in culture by working collaboratively with partners to build strong cultural institutions complete communities and a creative economy.
- Business Development for Creative Industries - The attraction, retention and development of businesses in Creative Industries specifically music, film and fashion to support their business plans’ that drive Hamilton’s economic development, increase tax revenues and enhance its quality of life.
- Events Development - Develops and delivers dynamic, innovative and accessible events and festivals, which celebrate the richness and diversity of Hamilton, enriching the quality of life for residents and attract tourist audiences. Works with event planners/organizations to increase event delivery capacity and provide public access to quality and safe events in the community.
- Film/Film Permiting - The management, multi-stakeholder coordination and communication, identification of locations, negotiations with production companies and issuance of film permits and collection of film permit fees.
- Music Strategy - Strengthens the local music industry, helps grow audiences and appreciation of music, increases access to music experiences, and cultivates music creation and talent.
- Public Art and Arts Development - Supports the wider arts community and the community as a whole to enrich Hamilton’s quality of life and sense of place through direct outreach and collaboration. This support is accomplished through recognition events and community consultation in addition to involving the arts community and the community as a whole directly in public realm place making through the commissioning of Public Art and other arts and culture related projects.
- Date modified: