Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
A business support service that ensures that the City of Hamilton’s finances are managed in accordance with legislative and contractual requirements, and provides advice to Council, Committee and management. This service includes:
- PeopleSoft Application Support - A business support service provided to the Corporation supporting transactional processing and development/enhancements of the Financial System allowing access to accurate financial data.
- Non-Tax Revenue Collection - Provides billings and collections for non-tax revenues. Provides payments for goods and services and employee expense reimbursements.
- Accounting Services - Prepares the annual consolidated financial statements, and coordinates the external audit of financial data.
- Property Tax Billing and Collections - Property tax billing and collection is a regulated process to bill and collect property tax revenue that is the major source of funding for City operations.
- Procurement - Ensures the Procurement Policy and overall procurement function of the City meets the current and future needs of the corporation.
- Payroll and Pensions - Processes payroll for employees. Provides pension services for active OMERS members. Provides pension services for retired members of the Hamilton Street Railway, Hamilton Wentworth Retirement Fund, and Hamilton Municipal Retirement Fund pension plans.
- Financial Planning and Policy - Responsible for the facilitation, coordination and delivery of business plans, budget and financial policies, and long range forecasting and modelling in an effort to the support the development of capital and operating budgets. Administer development charges, development agreements, utility infrastructure user recoveries and utility rate revenue policy.
- Investments - Administers the City investments, cash and debt issuance. Manages investments of City Pension Funds and City Trust Funds.
- Finance and Administration - A business support service provided to the operating divisions to provide financial and administrative services, including operating and capital budget development, variance analysis and management reporting and financial transaction processing.
- Date modified: