To elevate civic pride across the City by transforming Hamilton’s urban landscapes through Horticultural excellence and innovative floral displays.
Create and maintain floral displays across the City of Hamilton, through:
- Floral traffic islands;
- Roundabouts and perennial medians;
- Hanging baskets;
- High profile public properties; and
- A Spring Bulb show, and Fall Chrysanthemum show.
Pursuant to the Horticulture Section’s Mandate above we: create designs each year for floral displays in traffic islands across the City; plant and maintain these displays for seven months each year; create and maintain beautiful hanging baskets, maintain key public properties, such as City Hall, to a high standard; and host two floral shows a year that are open to the public.
Activities provided by the City of Hamilton Horticulture Section:
- Floral design and installation
- Traffic Islands, medians and planters
- Hanging Baskets
- Park Floriculture Displays
- Mum Show/Spring Tide Events
- Green House Production
- City building garden maintenance
- Roundabout maintenance
- Traffic Island Conversions to Floral
- Tropical Greenhouse open to the public
- Date modified: