The Special Supports Program provides a wide range of health and non-health related benefits. The intent is to improve the quality of life, health, wellness, safety and self-sufficiency for low income Hamilton residents and seniors.
Referrals are made to the Special Supports Program by applicants, case managers, and community members such as physicians and occupational therapists, etc.
Health and non-health related benefits include but are not limited to:
- Affordable Transit Pass Program
- Bathroom assistive devices such as grab bars, commodes etc.
- Diabetic supplies
- Funeral service, burial and cremations
- Dental and dentures
- Hearing aids and batteries
- Custom foot orthotics and orthopedic footwear
- Hospital bed and mattress
- Surgical, incontinent and ostomy supplies
- Wheelchair batteries and repairs
- Medical taxi transportation
- Eye glasses
- Adult day programs user fee
- Personal emergency response systems
- Other services and special items
- Date modified: