Using the brand “Tourism Hamilton” this service provides Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) services on behalf of the City of Hamilton to increase the economic impact of tourism in the city.
Tourism Hamilton attracts, develops and delivers dynamic, innovative and accessible events and festivals, which celebrate the richness and diversity of Hamilton, enriching the quality of life for residents and attract tourist audiences. This is achieved by working with event planners/organizations to host events, increase local event delivery capacity and provide public access to quality and safe events in Hamilton.
Tourism Hamilton supports the development of the local tourism industry by:
- Working with partners in securing and hosting city-wide meetings, conventions, sports tourism and major events.
- Monitoring destination performance and ensure that the benefits of tourism are understood by the community.
- Assisting with the development of quality tourism products and visitor experiences.
- Enhancing the readiness of Hamilton as an attractive destination for business, sport and leisure tourism.
- Increasing the economic impact of tourism in Hamilton.
- Promoting Hamilton as an attractive destination for leisure, sport and business tourism.
- Stimulating and facilitating the development of Hamilton as an overnight leisure destination and promote it to target markets.
- Encouraging visitors to maximize their experience and spending in Hamilton.
- Date modified: