Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Providing access to Hamilton’s roads is an essential public service that enables road users to travel to destinations to carry out their daily activities. Most components of this service are required by Provincial legislation. This service includes:
- Design, install, inspect and maintain traffic systems, signs, signals, and pavement markings. Programing of Traffic signal timings and corridor improvements.
- Investigating, analyzing and recommending solutions to provide improved traffic road safety and operations throughout Hamilton.
- Administration of the Hamilton Strategic Road Safety Program.
- Collision safety analysis and review.
- Administration of Red Light Camera existing and future locations.
- Automated Traffic Management System development and implementation including Transit Priority implementation, Freeway Management System and roadways system operations.
- Pedestrian Crossover investigations, ranking, design and installation.
- Preparation of traffic neighbourhood plans.
- Preparation of Municipal Class Environmental Assessments (EA) for road, bridge and transit projects resulting from Master Plans and other City initiatives. Follows strict EA legislation protocol and public consultation to be successfully finalized.
- Date modified: