Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Transportation Planning ensures that people’s day to day travel choices are safe, convenient and reliable. Over time, transportation planning helps the City become more sustainable. This is consistent with the City's vision, and the goals established as part of the Transportation Master Planning process.
This service :
- Monitors and reports on the implementation progress of the Transportation Master Plan
- Plans and designs cycling infrastructure
- Manages Sustainable Mobility Programs including the Smart Commute Hamilton workplace program, Hamilton Bike Share, and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) initiatives, infrastructure, and policies
- Provides bicycle parking audits and implementation
- Provides school travel planning
- Provides pedestrian mobility planning
- Performs and oversees pedestrian and cycling data collection and counts
- Monitors and reviews the Truck Route Network
- Management of Strategic Road Network Modelling (EMME)
- Provides transportation planning input for development applications
- Date modified: