Transportation Planning contributes to people’s day to day travel choices are safe, convenient and reliable. Over time, transportation planning helps the City become more sustainable and reliable. This is consistent with the City's vision, and the goals established as part of the Transportation Master Planning process.
- Monitors and reports on the implementation progress of the Transportation Master Plan
- Plans for cycling and pedestrian infrastructure
- Manages Sustainable Mobility Programs including the Smart Commute Hamilton workplace program, Hamilton Bike Share, and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) initiatives, infrastructure, and policies
- Provides bicycle parking audits and implementation
- Provides school travel planning
- Provides pedestrian mobility planning
- Monitors and reviews the Truck Route Network
- Management of Strategic Road Network Modelling (EMME)
- Conducts sub-area studies and master plans for communities within the City
- Conducts city-wide transportation plans and policies to address transportation issues
- Provides input on individual road Environmental Assessments
- Provides transportation planning input for development applications
- Liaises with other government entities such as Metrolinx and the Ministry of Transportation to ensure the needs of Hamilton are integrated with broader regional transportation plans and projects.
- Date modified: