The City Manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to staff on the efficient and effective delivery of municipal services to the community. And together, we are working to ensure that the appropriate governance and processes are in place to support not only the delivery of the services, but also to monitor and continuously improve them so they continue to meet our citizens' needs. This is our commitment to you, and this report is one of the ways in which the City is demonstrating that commitment.
About the Report
The City of Hamilton’s Trust and Confidence report combines community and demographic information, as well as service related performance measurement (where available).
This report includes:
- Community Trends related to socio-economic information such as population, demographics, housing etc.
- An overview, including information on the City’s 2016-2025 Strategic Plan and an update on our Financial Management Plan
- An up-to-date overview of City services
- Performance Measures (where available)
The City of Hamilton began shifting to a consolidated performance measurement framework in 2017. The City is standardizing to use the Results-Based Accountability (RBA) framework.
RBA is a disciplined way of thinking and taking action that communities can use to improve the lives of residents and the community as a whole. RBA can also be used by governments to improve the performance of their programs and services and helps communicate one’s performance story in plain language. RBA is about the way we work together to make life better and is based on asking three simple questions:
- How much did you do? (volume)
- How well did you do it? (quality)
- Is anyone better off? (impact)
This report is a work in progress; updates will be made quarterly to selected sections, including service profiles, where available, as the organization continues to develop more robust performance measures.
- Date modified: