In celebration of Hamilton’s music scene, local artists have been invited to design music-themed displays for the Anne Foster Windows. The Anne Foster Windows are located in the historic Lister Building, 28 James Street North, in the same storefront where the Anne Foster Music shop operated from 1942 to 1995.
Read more about the current window display in the Anne Foster Windows:
An Ode to Anne Foster (PDF, 173 KB)
by Whitney McMeekin
Try Not to Believe (PDF, 105.5 KB)
by Denise Higginson
Call for Artists
Local artists are invited to submit applications to create window displays for the Anne Foster Windows.
- The displays will celebrate Hamilton's music scene
- Artists must submit by the deadline to be considered for this opportunity
A $1,000 fee will be paid to each selected artist
- Applicants must live within the boundaries of the City of Hamilton
- Displays will rotate every three months from September 2017 to 2019
Download the application form (PDF, 364 KB) which includes details on the application process and criteria.
View the window measurements.(PDF, 645 KB)
- April 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm (For September 2018, December 2018, March 2019 and June 2019 displays)
The City of Hamilton’s Tourism and Culture Division coordinates this pilot program as part of their ongoing support of Hamilton’s creative industries.
Cultural Projects Specialist, Creative Industries and Cultural Development
Tourism and Culture Division, City of Hamilton
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 7505
- Date modified: