We want to hear from you!
This is a trial program to encourage youth to try transit & experience the benefits of using transit in Hamilton.
We want your feedback to help us assess the value of the program.
Youth ride 50% off with a PRESTO card
There’s never been a better time to try transit!
The summer youth fare is a great opportunity for youth who are working a summer job, taking summer school or travelling around the city for summer activities and events.
- This summer, youth between the ages of 13 and 19 using PRESTO will ride for half the price between July 1st and August 31, 2023.
- The 50% discount will automatically apply to single rides and monthly passes when using a PRESTO card set for a youth concession.
- School or government-issued ID will be required.
Weekly: 10 paid rides ($10.80), rest are free (PRESTO card only, MON to SUN)
Monthly pass: $47.30 (PRESTO card only)
How to get the discount
- Get your PRESTO Card - You can get a PRESTO card for only $6 (taxes incl.) at any Fortinos or Shoppers Drug Mart in Hamilton, or at HSR’s Customer Service Centre (36 Hunter St. East GO Centre). Bring proof of age to ensure the card is set up to get the discount.
- Load funds onto your PRESTO Card - The minimum load onto the card is $0.05 in-person, online (prestocard.ca) and using the PRESTO App. The minimum load by phone is $10 (1-877-378-6123).
- Register your PRESTO Card at prestocard.ca.
- Use your PRESTO Card
The 50% discount for youth will automatically apply to single rides and monthly passes in July and August (2023) when using a PRESTO card set for a youth fare.
PRESTO E-Tickets app
If you have a smartphone, you can pay your single ride fares by downloading the free PRESTO E-Tickets mobile app.
Just activate and scan your e-ticket when you board.
*Any e-tickets purchased during the summer are non-refundable and will expire on August 31, 2023. Make sure you only buy a small number of e-tickets that you can use before that date.