Save money and ride the HSR using PRESTO
Enjoy free rides faster with improved loyalty rewards until December 31, 2022.
Children ages 6-12 ride free until April 2023.
Youth ages 13-19ride for half the price between June 1 - August 31, 2022.
Are you #ReadyToRide? Whether you’re a loyal customer or thinking of making the switch, there’s never been a better time to use transit.
Travel for less with savings for the entire family
- NEW Youth ages 13-19 using PRESTO will ride for half price beginning June 1 until August 31, 2022.
- Children ages 6-12 ride free until April 30, 2023, with a PRESTO card. Visit any Hamilton Public Library branch and show your child’s library card to get a free child’s PRESTO card, while quantities last.
- Seniors ages 65+ get great discounts too. Learn more about senior and golden age fares.
- Youth, adults and seniors can enjoy free fare after eight paid trips until December 2022 with HSR’s enhanced PRESTO loyalty rewards.
These fare programs also apply on Hamilton’s Accessible Transit Service (ATS). Learn more about accessible transit.
This June, July and August, youth will be able to take advantage of 50%-off discounted fares compared to regular youth fares on public transit in Hamilton. This will apply to single rides and monthly passes when using a PRESTO card set for a youth fare category or PRESTO E-Tickets (single rides only). School or government issued photo ID is required.
This is a great opportunity for youth who are working a summer job, taking summer school, or getting back out into the city for summer events and activities.
If you purchase single rides using the PRESTO E-Tickets app, the tickets will expire on August 31, 2022. You will not be able to use any e-tickets purchased during the summer fare promotion after August 31st. All purchased e-tickets are non-refundable. Make sure you only buy enough tickets to use before that date.
Get ready to ride with these travel tips
The health and safety of our customers and staff remain our top priorities. Help keep one another safe:
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick
- Wear a mask covering your nose, mouth and chin at all times while riding – after June 11th, masks are still welcome aboard
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your sleeve or tissue
Be mindful of other customers
Offer your seat to other passengers if you’re able.
Have your fare and ID ready
Tap your PRESTO card for a touchless and convenient payment option or purchase, activate and display your PRESTO E-Ticket for payment using your smartphone. If you’re paying with cash, bring exact change.
Bring your ID. For youth and seniors, you may be asked to show proof of age. Learn more about fares and photo IDs.