On April 12, 2021, Highway 8 will be completely closed between Bond Street North and Woodleys Lane until December 2022 as part of the Highway 8 Improvements project.
During this time, Highway 8 will receive the following upgrades:
- Road reconstruction
- Spencer Creek bridge replacement including associated retaining walls
- Bike lane and shoulder installation
- Sidewalk replacement in the same existing locations
- Watermain installation/replacement
- Storm sewer installation/up-sizing & replacement including outfall & headwall structures
- Slope stability improvements
- Retaining walls installation (south and north sides)
- Street lighting pole relocation
Access during the project
- During the first phase of construction, access to the Dundas Valley Golf & Curling Club will be maintained from the bottom of Highway 8 at Bond St N.
- During the second phase of construction, access to Dundas Valley Golf & Curling Club will be maintained from the top of the Highway 8 hill.
- Bruce Trail visitors will be unable to access the trail at Woodleys Lane and Highway 8 for the duration of the construction project.
- Throughout the entire construction period, access to local properties east of the Spencer Creek bridge will be maintained from the bottom of Highway 8 at Bond St N and Park St W. As well, local properties west of the Spencer Creek bridge will be maintained from the top of the Highway 8 Hill.
Given the significance of this project, the City has launched a Highway 8 Improvements StoryMap to share key dates and detour details. Official construction dates will become available in the coming week.
Public Information Centre
Held virtually on April 6, 2021
- Date modified: