On May 9, 2022 the City of Hamilton will begin work as part of the Wilson Street E Improvements Project in Ancaster.
Between May and September, temporary lane restrictions will be in place along sections of Wilson Street East while the City completes these upgrades:
- Road resurfacing
- Culvert replacement
- Bike lane improvements between Filman Rd and Rousseaux St
- The installation of a pedestrian crossover (PXO) at Tiffany Falls Conservation Area
The project will be completed in four phases, with the entire project wrapping up by mid-September. Phases of the work are weather permitting, however at this time, are scheduled for:
- Phase 1 (May 9 to mid-June) Wilson St E between Filman Rd and Lower Lions Club Rd
- Phase 2 (June 13 to mid-July) Wilson St E between Montgomery Dr and Rousseaux St
- While resurfacing work is underway, motorists travelling upbound on Wilson St will be detoured to Montgomery Drive to old Dundas Road.
- During this time, downbound traffic on Wilson St will not be able to turn left on to Montgomery Drive in order to minimize traffic delays.
- All HSR bus stops within this section of roadway will be relocated to accommodate the construction work.
- Motorists should expect delays during this time.
- HSR passengers on HSR Routes #5 Delaware may experience delays.
- Phase 3 (mid-July to mid-August) Wilson St E between Tiffany Falls parking lot and Montgomery Dr. During this time, there will be no access to Tiffany Falls.
- Phase 4 (August to September) Wilson St E between Lower Lions Club Road and Tiffany Falls
During this time, both upbound and downbound traffic movement will be maintained throughout construction and temporary traffic signals will be used to assist motorists and cyclists through the construction zone. Traffic is expected to increase during this time, and motorists should allow extra time and plan alternate routes.
Given this work is weather permitting, any potential changes to these dates will be posted on this webpage if required.
The City of Hamilton thanks residents for their patience and cooperation as we complete these important infrastructure improvements.
Driveway Assistance Devices
During construction, traffic on Wilson Street East will be controlled by temporary traffic signals that will allow alternating traffic to proceed through the work area. Driveway traffic will be controlled by Driveway Assistance Devices.
Traffic on Wilson St has the right of way. You must come to a full and complete stop before exiting your driveway and joining the queue of traffic out of the work area. To turn left, wait until you have a flashing red left arrow (Image #1) and can turn safely. Then turn left into the open lane. To take a right, wait until you have a flashing red right arrow (Image #2) and can turn safely. Then turn right into the open lane and proceed through the work area. Do not turn on a solid red indication (Image #3).
LEFT TURN PERMITTED
Proceed in this direction after stop. Do not turn right on red.
RIGHT TURN PERMITTED
Proceed in this direction after stop.
Please stop when seeing a circular red indication. Do not turn right on red.
The Driveway Assistance Device will help to reduce queues and delays during construction. Your cooperation in obeying the signals will help keep the work area safe for both the workers, and the drivers.
- Date modified: