The City of Hamilton is committed to keeping residents informed on property tax issues. To promote greater understanding of the subject, the City offers a variety of tax tools and information to help you:
- understand your tax bill
- know your payment options
- use the online calculator to see a personalized summary of where your property tax dollars are spent
- the tax impact mapping tool provides property tax and assessment information for specific areas and properties across the city
- learn about tax assistance programs
Receiving your property tax bill
There are two ways to receive your property tax bill:
- An interim tax bill is mailed out in early February with instalments due the:
- Last business day of February and April
- A final tax bill is mailed out in early June with instalments due the:
- Last business day of June and September
Canada Post Discontinuing ePost
Canada Post will be ending their epost service in December 2022. The City of Hamilton is currently working on an alternative e-billing service. In preparation of this new e-billing service, an Access Code has been added to your 2022 Final Tax bill.
More information will be communicated once this new e-billing service is operational, so that you may enroll in advance of the 2023 Interim Property Taxes.
- Date modified: