Ask these questions to make sure your home is fire safe:
- Is there a working smoke alarm on every level of your home?
- Are there working smoke alarms outside of all sleeping areas in your home?
- Is the door to your room a solid wood door with a self- closing device? Does it close and latch properly?
- If you live in a residential building with more than 10 occupants, is there an approved fire safety plan posted on all floor levels of the building?
- Are there two exits from every floor level?
If you answered no to any of these questions then your home may not meet fire regulations.
Call Fire Prevention at 905 546-2424 ext.1380 to determine if your rental property meets fire regulations.
- Date modified: