Water & Sewer

Community Wells

If you live in Carlisle, Freelton, Lynden or Greensville, your water comes from the groundwater in an aquifer.  Groundwater is formed when rain and other precipitation moves down through the soil, sediment and rock until it reaches the water table. In Carlisle and Freelton, water is pumped and stored in water towers.

Water tower levels

Outdoor watering program & watering ban

If you live in Carlisle or Freelton, you must follow the mandatory watering program.

During the summer months, outdoor watering is allowed from 7 am to 11 am and 7 pm to 11 pm every other day.

The outdoor watering program:

  • helps ensure the water tower supply levels stay remain high
  • allows the water supply to increase mid-day and overnight to prepare for the next cycle of water use