The City of Hamilton is pleased to partner with Enviro World for our 2018 One Day Rain Barrel Truckload Sale. Rain barrels are available for $45 and include all necessary accessories for installation.
2018 Rain Barrel Sale
Saturday, May 12 at Mohawk College from 8 am to 12 noon.
Cash, debit & credit accepted at event. Credit & Paypal accepted online. Delivery option is $15.00 and must be pre-ordered online and delivered within the City of Hamilton.
Rain barrels measure 34”x 24” and are stackable. Ensure you have an appropriately sized vehicle if you are picking up your barrels.
All barrels include:
- Leaf and mosquito filter basket
- Overflow adapter and hose that allows multiple barrels to be connected
- Spigot assembly
Downspout disconnection and rain barrel installation
- Ensure the ground beneath the rain barrel is firm and level. You may want to consider using a patio stone as a base. Raising the rain barrel off the ground also improves water flow out of the barrel through the hose.
- Cut the downspout 4 to 6 inches above the top of the barrel using a hacksaw and tin snips. Keep the remaining portion of the downspout so it can be reconnected when the rain barrel is winterized.
- Install a short, flexible pipe or a downspout elbow onto the cut downspout to direct water into the opening at the top of the barrel.
- Run the overflow hose into a nearby garden and away from your foundation.
- Date modified: