The City of Hamilton has a policy (PDF, 1.3 MB) in place to avoid recurring cancellations or when clients do not show up at the agreed pick up location and time.
Each month, ATS reviews passenger records and issues an advisory letter to those who have had:
- more than three no shows; or
- more than six late cancellations; or
- more than seven combined no shows and late cancellations; or
- 25% cancellation rate, with at least 10 cancellations in the month.
Your advisory letter details the specific policy actions, as well as the appeal process. In all cases of an appeal, circumstances will be reviewed with the passenger to ensure that legitimate reasons for no shows and late cancellations are considered.
Users who continue to violate the policy within the next 12 months may be suspended from the program.
To avoid exceeding limits under the ATS-DARTS No-Show and Cancellation Policy:
- Advance cancellations must be made the day before service by calling DARTS at 905-529-1717
- If you don’t need a ride, cancel it as early as possible. You can cancel your rides up to 14 days in advance.
- Cancel your subscription trips if you are not regularly using them. You may place your subscription rides on hold for up to six weeks.
- Date modified: