Taxi Scrip is a discount taxi fare program for City of Hamilton residents. Registered users get a 40% discount with local taxi companies. Eligibility for Taxi Scrip is determined using the same eligibility criteria as DARTS, and is offered in conjunction with DARTS service.
Apply for service
- Print off and complete the Accessible Transit Application Form (PDF, 178 KB)
- Submit your application by mail:
ATS, P.O. Box 340
Mount Hope, Ontario L0R 1W0
Or by fax:
- ATS will contact you by letter with determination of eligibility for service.
- Taxi Scrip users are required to have an ATS Photo ID card made. This card is your proof of registration with ATS to use the Taxi Scrip Program. Carry this card with you and be prepared to show it whenever you purchase or spend the Taxi Scrip coupons. If you lose your ATS Photo ID Card, you can obtain a replacement from the HSR Customer Service Centre, 36 Hunter Street E, Hamilton, ON for the cost of $15.76 + HST ($17.80).
Taxi Scrip coupon books
Taxi Scrip coupons cost $24 per book. Each book has $40 worth of Taxi Scrip coupons. You can purchase up to three books per month.
- Each book contains a combination of $1, $2 and $5 coupons totalling $40.
- The holes in the coupons tell you the value:
- Coupons with 1 hole are worth $1
- Coupons with 2 holes are worth $2
- Coupons without holes are worth $5
- After purchasing the Taxi Scrip coupons, write your seven-digit ATS passenger number on the back of each coupon in the book. Your ATS passenger number is on the back of your ATS Photo ID card.
Where to buy Taxi Scrip coupon books
- HSR Customer Service Centre, 36 Hunter Street E, Hamilton, ON
- Municipal Service Centres
- Friends or family members must have your ATS Photo ID or an image of it to make purchases on your behalf. Take care of your Taxi Scrip photo ID card; the City is not responsible for purchases you have not authorised.
Ordering Taxi Scrip coupons by mail:
- Fill out the order form included on the back inside cover of each Taxi Scrip coupon book
- Make your cheque or money order payable to “City of Hamilton”
- Write your ATS passenger number on the front of your cheque
- Mail it to:
Accessible Transportation Services
c/o 2200 Upper James Street, P.O. Box 340
Mount Hope, Ontario L0R 1W0
- Your order will be processed within one business day of receipt of payment and will be mailed via Canada Post.
- Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
Ordering Taxi Scrip coupons by phone:
- Visa and Mastercard are now accepted for the purchase of Taxi Scrip Coupons by telephone.
- Call ATS at 905-529-1212, ext. 3, to place your order.
- Please advise ATS of any change of address at the time of your call.
Scheduling Taxi Scrip Service
- Contact a local taxi company listed with ATS and arrange your ride.
- Tell the dispatcher that you are registered with the Taxi Scrip program.
- Tell the dispatcher if you:
- use a collapsible wheelchair or walker
- are visually or hearing impaired
- need extra assistance to and from the vehicle.
One or more persons may accompany you at no extra cost.
Taxi companies listed with ATS:
- Ancaster Taxi - 905-648-8294
- Hamilton Cab – 905-777-7777
- Blueline* – 905-525-2583 or 905-525-0000
- Wave* – 905-777-9283
* Wheelchair accessible taxis are available. Book these accessible taxis in advance. Charges for using accessible taxis vary between companies.
Paying the taxi driver
- Use your Taxi Scrip coupons to pay the fare shown on the meter.
- If the meter fare is not an even dollar amount, you must pay the extra amount in coins. The taxi driver will not provide change from Taxi Scrip coupons.
- Under City of Hamilton By-law, senior citizens 65 years of age or older receive a 10% reduction on meter rates, calculated on the highest full dollar registered on the taxi meter.
- You cannot use coupons to tip the driver.
- If requested, show the driver your ATS photo ID card as proof of registration with the Taxi Scrip program.
- If you experience any problems with the taxi service, record the cab number, time, date and details of your trip and contact the taxi company.
Terms and conditions for the Taxi Scrip program
- You can buy up to three Taxi Scrip coupon books per month only.
- Taxi Scrip coupons do not expire.
- You can get a refund for your coupons if you do not need them anymore.
- Lost or stolen Taxi Scrip coupons are not reimbursed.
- Taxi Scrip coupons cannot be re-sold or used by another person.
- Drivers may refuse payment by Taxi Scrip coupons without a valid ATS photo ID card and passenger number.
- Non-compliance with terms and conditions may result in suspension from the Taxi Scrip program.
- Date modified: