- Secondary school students must show valid student photo ID when using HSR Student Tickets, Monthly Passes or PRESTO cards.
- Children in elementary school grade 6, 7 and 8 do not need to carry HSR Photo ID. We recommend that mature-looking elementary school students get an HSR Photo ID.
- Student cards with HSR photo ID red strip expiring October 31, 2019 are available during your school’s photo session at the beginning of the school year.
- If you missed your school’s photo session or have lost your student photo ID, visit the HSR Customer Service Centre with a signed application form (PDF, 19 KB) you can obtain from your school office. We are open Monday to Friday, excluding holidays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. A nominal fee is charged for the Photo ID.
A student is defined as a person, 19 years of age or under (as of September 1st of a given school year) in regular, full-time day class attendance at any school administered by the Hamilton District School Board, Catholic District School Board, or any secondary school inspected and approved by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
McMaster, Mohawk and Redeemer students
- You must show your student card every time you get on the bus and tap your PRESTO Card loaded with an HSR U-Pass - Mohawk College students only must have a valid HSR sticker (Expires August 31, 2018)
- If you do not have your student card you must pay the full adult fare of $3.00.
- Seniors (age 65-79) do not require photo ID; however they must show proof of age if the driver asks.
- Golden Age Seniors require Photo ID that you can purchase for $5.65 (taxes included) at the HSR Customer Service Centre Centre (must provide proof of age and proof of Hamilton residency). Golden Age Passes cannot be issued in advance of your 80th birthday.
Accessible Transportation Services (ATS) ID
- You can get your photo taken for your ATS ID card at the ATS office, 2200 Upper James Street.
- Replacement ATS ID cards are available from ATS Office, free of charge.
New or replacement photo ID cards & photo passes
- You can get a new or replacement photo ID & photo pass card from the HSR Customer Service Centre. New Photo IDs cost $5.65 and replacement Photo IDs cost $16.95 (taxes included). Includes Support Person cards, Golden Age Photo ID, School Hour Only / PLUS passes, DARTS Senior Passes, EC Passes, Senior ID, HSR Student Photo ID, etc.
- Secondary students must bring a Photo ID card application form from their school office.
- Date modified: