- Secondary school students must show valid student photo ID when using HSR Student Tickets, Monthly Passes or PRESTO cards.
- Children in elementary school grade 6, 7 and 8 do not need to carry HSR Photo ID. We recommend that mature-looking elementary school students get an HSR Photo ID.
- HSR Photo ID cards are available during your school’s photo session at the beginning of the school year.
- If you missed your school’s photo session or have lost your Photo ID, visit the HSR Customer Service Centre with a signed application form you can obtain from your school office. We are open Monday to Friday, excluding holidays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. A nominal fee is charged for the Photo ID.
A student is defined as a person, 19 years of age or under (as of September 1st of a given school year) in regular, full-time day class attendance at any school administered by the Hamilton District School Board, Catholic District School Board, or any secondary school inspected and approved by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
McMaster, Mohawk and Redeemer students
- You must show your student card with a current validation sticker every time you get on the bus.
- If you do not have your student card you must pay the full adult fare of $2.75.
- Seniors do not require photo ID; however they must show proof of age if the driver asks.
- Golden Age Seniors require Photo ID that you can purchase for $5.65 (taxes included) at the HSR Customer Service Centre.
Accessible Transportation Services (ATS) ID
- You can get your photo taken for your ATS ID card at the ATS office, 2200 Upper James Street.
- Replacement ATS ID cards are available from ATS Office, free of charge.
New or replacement photo ID cards
- You can get a new or replacement Photo ID card from the HSR Customer Service Centre. New Photo IDs cost $5.65 and replacement Photo IDs cost $16.95 (taxes included).
- Secondary students must bring a Photo ID card application form from their school office.
- Date modified: