You are entitled to a safe bus trip. Tell the driver if you do not feel safe riding the bus. Do not enter into verbal or physical confrontations with other passengers. The driver can refuse the boarding and remove passengers who are misbehaving or being disorderly.
All HSR buses have a two way radio, an automatic vehicle location system and a silent alarm system.
Yellow safety line
Stay behind the yellow line at the front of the bus so the driver can see around the bus. Do not distract the driver with questions or conversation.
Follow directions from the bus driver. The driver will ask you to move if you are in the way.
Bus safety for seniors
Follow these tips to stay safe when you ride the bus:
- Travel during off-peak hours when buses are less crowded.
- Be careful when travelling in poor weather conditions. Snow, ice and rain can make roads and sidewalks unsafe.
- Be seated when the bus starts moving.
- Sit at the front of the bus if you are unsteady.
- Use the handrails to move to the back of the bus if there are no seats at the front.
- Date modified: