Trans-Cab is a shared-ride taxi service between the HSR and Blue Line Taxi available to all passengers. This service is offered in parts of Glanbrook and Stoney Creek where buses do not currently provide service.
Trans-Cab does not replace existing HSR bus routes. You must travel as far as you can on HSR before transferring to Trans-Cab.
Accessibility on Trans-Cab
Trans-Cab service is fully accessible to customers who use wheelchairs, scooters or other mobility devices. Tell the bus driver that you need a regular sedan taxi if you cannot climb into a minivan taxi. The bus driver will pass this message to the taxi operator.
When you call Blue Line Taxi to request a Trans-Cab pick-up, tell them that you need wheelchair accessible taxi service. Call 24 hours before, if possible.
Travelling from Trans-Cab service zones
- If you are in the service zone, call Blue Line Taxi 905-525-2583 (525-BLUE) and request a Trans-Cab pick-up.
- Hop in the cab and pay your regular HSR fare or show them your PRESTO card, plus a 50¢ premium. The cab driver will give you a Trans-Cab coupon and take you to your transfer point.
- Board the HSR bus when it arrives, show your Trans-Cab coupon to the Operator, pay your fare and insert the coupon into the farebox.
Travelling to Trans-Cab service zones
- When you board your HSR bus, tell the Operator that you need Trans-Cab service, pay your regular fare, plus a 50¢ premium and ask for a transfer.
- A cab will meet your bus at the Trans-Cab transfer point.
- Give the cab driver your HSR transfer and you are on your way to your final destination within the service zone.
- Date modified: