Triplinx (www.triplinx.ca) is a new online transit trip planning tool and information resource to help users plan their routes and move more seamlessly across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). It is a collaborative initiative between Metrolinx and 11 GTHA transit providers.
Triplinx uses the City of Hamilton's open data transit feed to provide up-to-date HSR service information. Triplinx currently offers a number of features including:
- Trip planning: Enter starting point and destination and Triplinx will generate a number of route options to complete the trip using transit or a combination of transit and other modes. Trip plans can be customized using a variety of preferences such as maximum walking distance or mode of transportation.
- Stop mapping: Enter any location and find information about the transit stops, services, and other places of interest around it.
- Schedules & fares: Search for schedules for each route, or departure times from any selected stop. Find fare information for GTHA transit service providers.
- Service information: Obtain information about using the participating transit and paratransit agencies.
- Accessibility: The site gives wheelchair accessible trip plans and other information on the accessibility of conventional transit services as well as information on paratransit providers across the GTHA.
Active transportation: The trip planner includes options for walking and biking, including cycling networks. Through the preferences feature, users can choose to plan a trip which combines biking or walking with transit.
Your comments are valuable to help us improve the system.
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: