Triplinx (www.triplinx.ca) is a new online transit trip planning tool and information resource to help users plan their routes and move more seamlessly across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). It is a collaborative initiative between Metrolinx and 11 GTHA transit providers.
Triplinx uses the City of Hamilton's open data transit feed to provide up-to-date HSR service information. Triplinx currently offers a number of features including:
Trip planning: Enter starting point and destination and Triplinx will generate a number of route options to complete the trip using transit or a combination of transit and other modes. Trip plans can be customized using a variety of preferences such as maximum walking distance or mode of transportation.
Stop mapping: Enter any location and find information about the transit stops, services, and other places of interest around it.
Schedules & fares: Search for schedules for each route, or departure times from any selected stop. Find fare information for GTHA transit service providers.
Service information: Obtain information about using the participating transit and paratransit agencies.
Accessibility: The site gives wheelchair accessible trip plans and other information on the accessibility of conventional transit services as well as information on paratransit providers across the GTHA.
Active transportation: The trip planner includes options for walking and biking, including cycling networks. Through the preferences feature, users can choose to plan a trip which combines biking or walking with transit.
Pan/ Parapan Am: To help people navigate around the region during the games, Triplinx provides:
- Pan Am venue names, so that users can create trip plans to get them to and from these venues
- Information on special services (shuttles) and designated Pan Am routes
- Timetable information for special Games transit services to help spectators plan their travel
This launch is the first phase of a multi-phase strategy that was prepared with 11 participating transit providers
Phase 1 includes:
- trip planning
- fare information
- stop mapping and related information
- Union Pearson Express service information starting June 6, 2015
- static service information about the GTHA transit and paratransit agencies
- available on mobile devices
Future phases will add:
- real-time departure information
- service alerts
- other transit and transportation services
- additional helpful information
- mobile app planned for summer of 2016
Phase 1 deployment is expected in 2016
- accessible fonts and strong colour contrast for easy reading
- a “hide map” feature for easier screen reader navigation
- easy keyboard navigation
- detailed information on regional paratransit providers
- detailed information about weight, space and load capacities for wheeled mobility aids on ramps, lifts and vehicles
Your comments are valuable to help us improve the system.
- Date modified: