Announced at the City of Hamilton General Issues Committee on January 22, 2021- the new on-demand transit pilot project planned for Waterdown.
This Pilot, which is in the early planning stages, provides HSR the opportunity to connect the (Re)envision the HSR Guiding Principles as tools for planning and conducting service, as we continue to build on the priorities developed for HSR’s strategic direction - which remains to make Transit a first choice in Hamilton. For more information on the (Re)envision the HSR project, please visit: www.hamilton.ca/myhsr
HSR recognizes that extensive communication and outreach will be critical to the success of the pilot and are excited to be working closely with local stakeholders to help share the service information to Waterdown and rural Flamborough residents, as well as the community at large. All details will be shared once confirmed.
The on-demand pilot project will:
- utilize existing HSR buses, Operators and bus stops
- target key areas of Waterdown that are not being reached through conventional transit offerings.
- aims to improve the customer experience through more direct trips, quicker journeys and shorter wait times.
- provide access to more key destinations, a reduced carbon footprint through optimizing trips and more.
- The on-demand model is a shared-ride service, with the route dynamically adjusting as customers request to be picked up, to serve customers as efficiently as possible, while also providing optimized travel times for each customer.
- The fare and boarding policies for the pilot will remain consistent with those already existing for HSR customers.
- This on-demand pilot will remain inside the Urban Transit Boundary of Waterdown at this time.
- Date modified: