Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure Tuesday evening
The City of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring for diversity and inclusivity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals for any full time, part-time, temporary, seasonal, and summer student jobs.
We accept resumes for advertised jobs only.
If you are interested in one of the jobs we currently have posted, submit your resume by one of the following options:
- Fax: 905-546-2650
- Mail: Human Resources Department, c/o City Hall, 71 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4Y5
- In person: 120 King Street West, 9th Floor, Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4V2 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Your resume must clearly show us how you meet the requirements for the job. It must include both the Job Title and Job ID Number. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply for jobs online
First time applicants
Follow these helpful tips for your first application:
- You do not need an email address to view job postings, but to apply for a job online you will need to create an online account by registering with us. To register, you need to enter a user name, email address, home address and phone number. If you don’t have an email address, you can create one at several websites that provide an email service.
- You will need a password which you can easily remember, but is not obvious to others. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Read the instructions on all of the application pages. They help you to fill in the information that is required.
When to apply
Job applications can be submitted online at any time from Monday through Saturday.
- You cannot apply during regular maintenance every Sunday from 2 am to 6:30 am Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- One Thursday of every month (typically the second Thursday of each month) from 5 pm to 7:30 pm EST.
What to expect after you apply
You will receive an email confirming that we received your application. You must provide a valid email address to receive the confirmation. You do not need to send a hard copy.
If you need to change information or you want to attach a revised resume for a job that you have already applied to, you can do so by reapplying online for that job before the closing date. We evaluate the last copy that you submit. If you want to change your personal contact information you can do that online at any time.
If you are no longer interested in a job and wish to withdraw your application, contact us at 905-546-2424, ext. 2397 and ask to speak to a Staffing Assistant to withdraw your application.
Due to the high number of applications and resumes we get, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tips for submitting your online application
We have listed some tips below to help you submit your online application.
If you are attaching a resume:
- You are allowed to attach only one file; if you are submitting a resume and cover letter, they must be saved as one file before uploading.
- Acceptable file types are:
- Ensure the maximum size of the resume does not exceed 200 kb.
- The file name of your resume must not contain a period (“.”) unless it is directly before the filename extension:
- Incorrect example: John.Doe.doc
- Correct example: John_Doe.doc
Disable any Pop-Up Ad Blocker software you have on your computer. This type of software has shown to cause problems when attempting to attach resumes online.
Disable any third party toolbar add-ons that stop pop-ups, such as Google Toolbar. These add-ons may prevent you from viewing your resume attachment.
If you are a foreign-trained professional, we encourage you to have your academic credentials evaluated prior to applying for a job to ensure we can interpret them accurately and compare them to Canadian equivalents.
For information about the evaluation of foreign credentials go to World Education Services (WES).
Consistent with our Values and Corporate Culture Pillars, the City of Hamilton is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. The City will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Contact Human Resources
For any issues or questions with a job application made online please contact the appropriate Recruitment Coordinator or Staffing Specialist listed below. Resumes for advertised jobs must be made online. No emailed applications or resumes will be accepted through email.
- Date modified: