Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure Tuesday evening
The City of Hamilton is looking for candidates who are interested in serving their community while earning extra income as a School Crossing Guard for the 2015/16 school year in the greater Hamilton area.
Job Title: School Crossing Guard - Part Time
Department: Hamilton Municipal Parking System
Job Location: Various locations
Salary: $11.44 to $12.72 per hour
Hours of Work: Full point - 13.75 per week, Short point - 8.25 per week
Summary of Duties
- Report to the School Crossing Supervisor.
- Ensure that school aged children cross municipal roadways safely in accordance with City Policy and Procedure, Operational Matters and Health and Safety Matters.
- Crossing school aged children across municipal roadways safely
- Direct traffic using an issued regulated Stop Sign
- Perform daily safety check of work location
- Must be able to stand for 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to hold a sign weighing up to 3 lbs for a minimum of 30 seconds
- Must be able to walk and go up and down a curb/ sidewalk
The successful candidate must undergo hearing and vision testing.
Candidates must supply a clear Hamilton Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to interview for position
For further information regarding this rewarding position please contact our office at 905-546-2424 ext. 2200 or ext. 2201.
- Date modified: