Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
The City of Hamilton is looking for candidates who are interested in serving their community while earning extra income as a School Crossing Guard for the 2015/16 school year in the greater Hamilton area.
Job Title: School Crossing Guard - Part Time
Department: Hamilton Municipal Parking System
Job Location: Various locations
Salary: $11.44 to $12.72 per hour
Hours of Work: Full point - 13.75 per week, Short point - 8.25 per week
Summary of Duties
- Report to the School Crossing Supervisor.
- Ensure that school aged children cross municipal roadways safely in accordance with City Policy and Procedure, Operational Matters and Health and Safety Matters.
- Crossing school aged children across municipal roadways safely
- Direct traffic using an issued regulated Stop Sign
- Perform daily safety check of work location
- Must be able to stand for 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to hold a sign weighing up to 3 lbs for a minimum of 30 seconds
- Must be able to walk and go up and down a curb/ sidewalk
The successful candidate must undergo hearing and vision testing.
Candidates must supply a clear Hamilton Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to interview for position
For further information regarding this rewarding position please contact our office at 905-546-2424 ext. 2200 or ext. 2201.
- Date modified: