Update: Two down-bound lanes now open for Claremont Access, Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
Other student placements may be available to students who have a required placement through enrolment in a post-secondary program.
A current affiliation agreement with your school must be in place before we consider a placement at Public Health Services.
How to apply for a placement
You must complete the Unpaid Student Placement Form to be considered for a placement with Hamilton Public Health Services. Read about what to expect from a public health placement.
Before you begin a placement with Public Health Services, you must:
- Complete the Ontario Ministry of Labour health and safety e-module and submit a copy of the certificate of completion to the PHN Education Coordinator by email to Nicole.Ritz@hamilton.ca
- Review the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
- You may be required to participate in an interview.
- You are required to have access to a vehicle. Travel across the city of Hamilton may be required. Mileage will not be reimbursed.
- You must pay for your own parking.
- Work hours are Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
- Learning opportunities with Public Health Services vary; some are office-based, some are community-based and some are a combination of both.
- Date modified: