The Neighbourhood Clean Team Program is a volunteer program created to help keep neighbourhoods throughout Hamilton clean and beautiful. Volunteers who are passionate about taking care of a specific area of the city can sign up to get the tools and supplies needed to plan regular clean ups. Teams can be families, neighbours, schools, businesses, churches, civic groups and service clubs.
Being part of a Neighbourhood Clean Team provides you with an opportunity to:
- Keep your neighbourhood clean
- Work together with neighbours to foster community building
- Meet new people
- Be a good neighbour
Neighbourhood Clean Teams do a lot of things to keep their neighbourhood looking beautiful such as:
- Pick up litter
- Rake leaves
- Report and/or remove graffiti
- Report hazards
- Sweep walkways and paved areas
- Pull weeds
- Keep shrubs and gardens maintained
Team leaders need to recruit a passionate, enthusiastic, and trustworthy group of volunteers to choose an area of the community to improve and maintain. Areas can include:
- City-owned properties, such as parks and trails
- Parking lots
Clean Teams must agree to host a cleanup event to pick up litter and remove graffiti at least four times per year.
In recognition for your team’s hard work, we’ll install a sign with your team’s name in the area that you take care of.
How to become a Neighbourhood Clean Team
We work closely with you and your team to plan and perform clean ups. We provide the supplies and tools, as well as safety training, which you need so that you can keep your neighbourhood clean.
There are two ways that you can become Neighbourhood Clean Team:
- Complete the Neighbourhood Clean Team Application Form
- Or call 905-546-2489 and ask for our Community Liaison Coordinator. We will review your application and work with you directly to create your team.
- Date modified: