Macassa Lodge is a 270 bed long-term care facility for seniors. We provide 24 hour nursing supervision with input from an interdisciplinary team which includes medical, nursing, social work, recreation, therapy, volunteers, pastoral care, and nutrition. The team works with Lodge residents and their families to support each individual's priorities. Volunteer opportunities are available to enhance the quality of life for Lodge residents.
- Volunteer positions for adults and teens 14 years and older
- Daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
- Personal Reference Check, Vulnerable Sector Police Check (18 yrs and older)
- 2-Step TB test required
Volunteer at Macassa Lodge
Some current opportunities
- Give Shop clerks: weekday or weekend shifts
- Saturday morning Bowling league volunteers, 9:30 to 11:30 am
- Sunday morning Fun and Fitness volunteers, 9:30 to 11:30 am
- Sunday Chapel volunteers, 1:30 to 3:30 pm
- Meal Time Assistants, 8 to 9:30 am, 11:45 am to 12:45 pm, 4:30 to 6 pm
Volunteering at Macassa Lodge provides you with an opportunity to enhance your own quality of life. Benefits include:
- Engaging in the most fundamental act of citizenship and giving in our society
- Offering your time, energy and skills of your own free will
- Participating in community building
- Being a good neighbour
- All training provided
High School Co-op Education Opportunities
- Co-op education placements are available in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Great opportunities are available for high school students interested in health care and aging populations.
- Students work “hands on” and learn with Nursing staff, Physiotherapists, and Recreation Therapists
- To apply, contact the co-op department at your school.
- Space is limited. Apply early.
Macassa Lodge Coordinator of Volunteers
Phone: 905-546-2489 ext. 1612
Email: [email protected]hamilton.ca
- Date modified: