Macassa Lodge is a 270 bed long-term care facility for seniors. We provide 24 hour nursing supervision with input from an interdisciplinary team which includes medical, nursing, social work, recreation, therapy, volunteers, pastoral care, and nutrition. The team works with Lodge residents and their families to support each individual's priorities. Volunteer opportunities are available to enhance the quality of life for Lodge residents.
Join the Volunteer Team at Macassa Lodge
- Volunteer positions for adults and teens (14 yrs +)
- Attend an orientation session to learn about the current opportunities available
- Daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check and 2-Step TB test required before starting
Volunteering at Macassa Lodge provides you with an opportunity to enhance your own quality of life. Benefits include:
- Engaging in the most fundamental act of citizenship and giving in our society
- Offering your time, energy and skills of your own free will
- Participating in community building
- Being a good neighbour
High School Co-op Education Opportunities
- Co-op education placements are available in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Great opportunities are available for high school students interested in health care and aging populations.
- Students work “hands on” and learn with Nursing staff, Physiotherapists, and Recreation Therapists
- To apply, contact the co-op department at your school.
- Space is limited. Apply early.
Macassa Lodge Coordinator of Volunteers
Phone: 905-546-2489 ext. 1612
- Date modified: