Macassa Lodge is a 270 bed long-term care facility for seniors. We provide 24 hour nursing supervision with input from an interdisciplinary team which includes medical, nursing, social work, recreation, therapy, volunteers, pastoral care, and nutrition. The team works with Lodge residents and their families to support each individual's priorities. Volunteer opportunities are available to enhance the quality of life for Lodge residents.
Join the Volunteer Team at Macassa Lodge
- Volunteer positions for adults and teens (14 yrs +)
- Attend an orientation session to learn about the current opportunities available
- Daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check and 2-Step TB test required before starting
Volunteering at Macassa Lodge provides you with an opportunity to enhance your own quality of life. Benefits include:
- Engaging in the most fundamental act of citizenship and giving in our society
- Offering your time, energy and skills of your own free will
- Participating in community building
- Being a good neighbour
High School Student Co-operative Education Opportunities
- Co-op education for Public and Catholic high school students is offered yearly in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Macassa Lodge offers placement opportunities for students who are interested in health care and aging populations.
- Students work and learn with Nursing staff, Physiotherapists, and Recreation Therapists in a municipal, not-for-profit long term care setting and adult day program.
- Students wishing to be considered for a co op placement at Macassa Lodge should send an email, with attached resume to Jennifer Krueger, Coordinator of Volunteers Jennifer.email@example.com
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly. Apply early.
Macassa Lodge Coordinator of Volunteers
Phone: 905-546-2489 ext. 1612
- Date modified: