Macassa Lodge is a 270 bed long-term care facility for seniors. We provide 24 hour nursing supervision with input from an interdisciplinary team which includes medical, nursing, social work, recreation, therapy, volunteers, pastoral care, and nutrition. The team works with Lodge residents and their families to support each individual's priorities. Volunteer opportunities are available to enhance the quality of life for Lodge residents.
Join the Volunteer Team at Macassa Lodge
- Volunteer positions for adults and teens 14 years and older
- Daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
- Personal Reference Check, Vulnerable Sector Police Check (18 yrs and older) and 2-Step TB test required before starting
Current Volunteer Needs
- Give Shop clerks: weekends, and weekday 3:30 to 7 pm shifts
- Saturday morning Bowling league volunteers, 9:30 to 11:30 am
- Sunday morning Fun and Fitness volunteers, 9:30 to 11:30 am
- Sunday Chapel volunteers, 1:30 to 3:30 pm
- And more!
- Training provided.
Attend a monthly Volunteer Information Session
- Next session will be on Thursday, January 10, 2019 from 6:30 to 7:15 pm
- Contact us to reserve a spot at 905-546-2489 ext. 1612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering at Macassa Lodge provides you with an opportunity to enhance your own quality of life. Benefits include:
- Engaging in the most fundamental act of citizenship and giving in our society
- Offering your time, energy and skills of your own free will
- Participating in community building
- Being a good neighbour
High School Co-op Education Opportunities
- Co-op education placements are available in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Great opportunities are available for high school students interested in health care and aging populations.
- Students work “hands on” and learn with Nursing staff, Physiotherapists, and Recreation Therapists
- To apply, contact the co-op department at your school.
- Space is limited. Apply early.
Macassa Lodge Coordinator of Volunteers
Phone: 905-546-2489 ext. 1612
- Date modified: