The Hamilton Trillium Awards Program recognizes residents who have worked hard to beautify their neighbourhood and our community by landscaping and maintaining their property.
The Hamilton Trillium Awards program is the result of the more than three hundred volunteers who contribute their personal time to judge properties in Hamilton.
Volunteering as a Trillium Awards judge provides you with an opportunity to:
- Explore your neighbourhood or another part of the city
- Get landscaping and gardening ideas for your own yard
- Reward people for having a beautiful yard
- Be a good neighbour
To be a Trillium Awards judge, you must:
- Appreciate horticulture and gardening
- Have the desire to be a judge
- Have time during the months of June and July to visit properties in your assigned zone of the city
- Attend a short training workshop for judges in the spring
You must attend a two-hour workshop for judges in the spring to teach you how to evaluate potential Trillium Award-winning properties.
We divide the entire city into zones. Judges select a zone and review all of the properties within the zone to select the best two residential properties and one business property that deserve an award.
How to become a Trillium Awards judge
- Date modified: