The Hamilton Trillium Awards Program recognizes residents who have worked hard to beautify their neighbourhood and our community by landscaping and maintaining their property.
The Hamilton Trillium Awards program is the result of the more than three hundred volunteers who contribute their personal time to judge properties in Hamilton.
Volunteering as a Trillium Awards judge provides you with an opportunity to:
- Explore your neighbourhood or another part of the city
- Get landscaping and gardening ideas for your own yard
- Reward people for having a beautiful yard
- Be a good neighbour
To be a Trillium Awards judge, you must:
- Have access to a computer or mobile device with internet
- Appreciate horticulture and gardening
- Have the desire to be a judge
- Have time during the months of July and August to review pictures of properties in your assigned zone of the city
- Attend a short training workshop for judges in the spring
We estimate 5 to 15 hours will be required. We divide the entire city into zones. Judges will be assigned a zone and will be asked to review 5 to 20 properties within the zone.
How to become a Trillium Awards judge
To become a Trillium Awards judge:
Complete the Trillium Awards Online Volunteer Judge Registration
For questions, call 905-546-2489 and ask for our Trillium Awards Program.
Ancaster Trillium Awards
Ancaster has a separate Trillium Award processes. Please contact the Ancaster Horticultural Society for criteria and volunteer opportunities.
- Ancaster: [email protected]
- Date modified: