Address: 4457 Bethel Church Road, Ancaster, Ontario
|Other Known Names||
|Location||Lot 1, Concession 1 Ancaster|
|Size||Samll, 70 Monuments|
|Space Availability||No available burial plots for purchase. Burials allowed by existing lot owners.|
At the northwest corner of Ancaster, near the Brant County Line, Methodists from three surrounding townships came together in 1861 to form Bethel Church. The land, formerly owned by Peter Weaver of Ancaster, was given to the congregation to be used for a church and burial ground. It seems likely that the land had already been used as a cemetery, as the earliest gravestone dates to 1844. The church has been known as Bethel Methodist Church, Bethel Community Church and Bethel Gospel Centre. The church is still open, although it appears to be rarely used, while the cemetery no longer sells plots but is open for burials to those with deeds.
- Date modified: