Requirements for temporary food vendors at special events
Food served at special events must be prepared and handled safely. Public Health Inspectors will inspect food vendors at the event for safe food preparation and handling.
- Coordinators must provide copies of the food safety requirements to all food vendors at the event.
- Organizations or individuals selling, giving food away or providing samples must complete application forms.
How to apply
Special events coordinators must get approval from Public Health Services to serve food at special events. Download the special events packages for more information and to fill out the included application:
You must return organizer and vendor applications no later than 14 days prior to the event.
Cost for application
- A fee of $40 (includes HST) is charged per vendor for special events and festivals.
- The special event coordinator is responsible for paying the full fee to Public Health Services.
- Only one cheque or money order will be accepted for payment for each event. Please do not submit payment before your event. You will be invoiced after the event if inspections were required.
- Refreshment vehicles fully licensed by the City of Hamilton are not required to pay the $40 vendor fee.
- An additional fee of $30 (includes HST) is charged per vendor if the application is not received at least 14 days ahead of the event.
For any questions about your food safety package contact:
Public Health Services, Food Safety Program
110 King Street West, 2nd Floor (Robert Thomson Building)
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4S6
Fax: 905- 546-2787
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: