Requirements for temporary food vendors at special events
Food served at special events must be prepared and handled safely. Public Health Inspectors will inspect food vendors at the event for safe food preparation and handling.
How to apply
Special events coordinators must get approval from Public Health Services to serve food at special events.
Download the Food safety requirements at special events package for more information and to fill out the included application (PDF, 447 KB).
- Coordinators must provide copies of the food safety requirements to all food vendors at the event.
- Organizations or individuals selling, giving food away or providing samples must complete application forms.
For any questions about your food safety package please call 905-546-2489.
Cost for application
- A fee of $33.63+ HST = $38 is charged per vendor for special events and festivals.
- The special event coordinator can recover the cost from individual vendors.
- The special event coordinator is responsible for paying the full fee to Public Health Services.
- Only one cheque or money order will be accepted for payment for each event.
- Refreshment vehicles fully licensed by the City of Hamilton are not required to pay the $33.63+ HST = $38 fee.
- If Public Health does not receive the application 14 days before the event, an additional fee of $23.89+ HST = $27 per vendor will be charged.
Public Health Services, Food Safety Program
110 King Street West, 2nd Floor (Robert Thomson Building)
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4S6
Phone: 905-546-2424 x 2551
Fax: 905- 546-2787
- Date modified: