Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
The review of these outdoor events is done through the Special Events Advisory Team (S.E.A.T.), a team comprised of city staff representing various municipal divisions who ensure that all of the necessary permits, permissions and insurance are in place.
You must submit an online S.E.A.T. application if you wish to hold your event on any portion of outdoor property owned by the City of Hamilton.
- Roads/road allowances (street festivals, parades and races)
- Parks and parkettes
- Parking lots
- Alleyways, both assumed and unassumed
- Walkways, pathways and trails
- Water lots
- Open spaces
- City Hall forecourt
And if the event includes any of the following:
- Food being given or sold to the general public at an event open to the public
- Sound amplification
- The use of electricity - you are plugging into an outlet for power and/or using a generator
- Tents larger than 60 m2 (e.g. 20 ft x 40 ft)
- Stages that are more than 225 m2 (building permit will be required)
- Amusement rides and/or inflatables, such as bouncy castles or bouncers
- Projected attendance of over 1,000 people
The S.E.A.T. Chair requests you to do so because your event significantly affects City services. This includes events that are held on private property. Affected services can include Police, Hamilton Street Railway, Road Operations, Corridor Management and / or Waste Management.
Need help planning your event
Be sure to visit the following pages where you’ll find information to help you organize a successful event, while ensuring the health and safety of participants and residents.
Special Events Advisory Team (S.E.A.T.)
Events Office, Tourism and Culture Division
Phone: 905-546-4646 Fax: 905-540-5511
- Date modified: