Update: Two down-bound lanes now open for Claremont Access, Sherman Access to be reduced to one lane starting April 1
Hamilton has a wealth of parkland and trails, any of which could make for a great event location. Review the links below for information on some of Hamilton's more popular event parks.
Smoke-free Parks and Playgrounds
Hamilton parks and playgrounds are smoke-free under By-law 11-080 (PDF, 198 KB). You must make sure that your event is smoke-free if it is in a park or recreation area. You must make sure that vendors and the public know not to smoke in the area and comply with this by-law. For more information contact:
- Tobacco Hotline at 905-540-5566
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
City Hall Forecourt
The City Hall forecourt at 71 Main Street West is a central location for your event.
- A microphone and microphone stand
- A podium
- Up to eight 6 foot tables
- Up to 120 chairs
- You must arrange and pay for all other supplies.
- All supplies are subject to approval by the City of Hamilton.
- A sound system. The sound system must be operated by City staff. If you event is taking place on the weekend, there are fees associated with having City staff onsite.
- We do not allow amplified sound on the forecourt during Council and Committee meetings in Council Chambers.
There are special regulations for protests on the City Hall forecourt.
For more information contact the Facility Help Desk:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2784
Rates and fees
There is no rental fee for the forecourt but you may need to pay staffing fees if you want the use of City Hall washrooms outside of standard business hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Staffing rates are in agreement with current collective agreements and start from $40 per hour.
Event Organizers will be invoiced for any charges incurred.
- Date modified: