Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Nationally renowned cultural sites provide distinctive settings for your special day. The revitalization of heritage buildings at some of the city’s finest historic sites has resulted in the creation of indoor gathering places like no other. Presented in varying styles from the early 1800s to modern day, each venue exudes its own charm and appeal:
- a Coach House on the estate of Canada’s pre-confederation ‘Prime Minister’
- a former Stable converted to a cottage-style retreat in the very heart of the city
- a modern Cellar beneath a Gage family homestead built in 1818
- an 1859 Woodshed with old-growth wooden beams and gracefully arching trusses
- one of the finest pieces of stone architecture in Ancaster built in 1871
- a classical pavilion crowned by a cupola
Expansive green spaces, tended gardens and captivating landscapes present tranquil settings for outdoor wedding ceremonies and spectacular backdrops for your picture-perfect day. Say your vows under a canopy of maple trees overlooking beautiful Burlington Bay; walk down the ‘aisle’ in a spectacular, treed garden, surrounded by a stone wall; picture yourself in a beautiful parklike setting with two early 19th century homes and a magnificent stone monument, or set yourself in sheltered tranquility amidst seven acres of woodland and award-winning naturalized perennial gardens.
The grounds at each of the following sites are available for photography shoots for $200. Two hour time slots fill up quickly at many of the popular sites. Call or email to book your time.
Ancaster Old Town Hall
310 Wilson Street East
Ancaster, Ontario L9G 1L8
Battlefield House Museum & Park
77 King Street West
Stoney Creek, Ontario L8G 1H9
Dundurn National Historic Site
610 York Boulevard
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 3E7
Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum
64 Sulphur Springs Road
Ancaster, Ontario L9G 1L8
Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology
900 Woodward Avenue
Hamilton, Ontario L8H 7N2
Whitehern Historic House & Garden
41 Jackson Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 1L3
Important rental information
- All venues are subject to availability
- Rates are inclusive of all applicable taxes, and are subject to change without notice
- Pre-registration and payment are required. Confirmation and payment policies differ site to site - please inquire at time of booking.
- All functions must be compliant with the Municipal Alcohol Policy
- Rental of chairs, runners and decorations are not included
- Photography permits are included with outdoor ceremony bookings
- Some locations are only partially wheelchair accessible. Call for more details.
- Date modified: