Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Hamilton is a city of many communities, built on community spirit. Physically defined by unique geographical features like the Niagara Escarpment and Hamilton Harbour, the municipality has a broad mix of urban centres and sprawling farmland, offering beautiful sights at every turn. From Flamborough to Stoney Creek and all points in between, the municipality is industrious and culturally diverse. With a wide range of museums, libraries, entertainment venues, recreational facilities, parks and conservations areas, the City of Hamilton offers the perfect place to start a business, raise and family and grow with the community.
- Affordable housing
- Public transit with new services planned
- Cultural, artistic, performing arts and museum attractions
- A wide offering of professional and amateur sporting events and participation opportunities
- Bayfront Park: a unique 50+-acre waterfront park and entertainment venue.
- Hess Village: a village atmosphere including galleries, restaurants, boutiques andpubs.
- Summer festivals and fall fairs: Festival of Friends, the Makers’ Market and film festivals.
- Rockton World’s Fair
- Trail systems and natural areas: Bruce Trail, Niagara Escarpment Trail, Rails to Trails and Cootes Paradise.
- Art Gallery of Hamilton: a permanent collection of over 7,000 works of art, with special interests in international and North American exhibits.
- Canadian Football Hall of Fame: exciting exhibits profile the history and future of Canadian football. Dundurn Castle: the former residence of one of Canada’s earliest Prime Ministers, Sir Allan MacNab.This mid-nineteenth century castle illustrates life at the end of the 18th century.
- Royal Botanical Gardens: one of only nine such gardens in the world, the gardens encompass over 2,700 acres of floral and horticultural excellence.
- Gage Park: the annual Chrysanthemum Show, with displays of 100 varieties of chrysanthemums, is an amazing floral display created by some of Hamilton's finest horticulture staff.
Performing Arts in the Downtown
- Hamilton Entertainment and Convention Facilities Inc.: the Ronald V. Joyce Centre for the Performing Arts at Hamilton Place, First Ontario Place and Studio Theatre are hosts to the biggest names in sports, theatre and entertainment.
- Theatre Aquarius: Hamilton’s premiere professional theatre company.
- Symphony Hamilton: a 70-piece symphony orchestra devoted to performing orchestral classics.
- The New Hamilton Orchestra: a professional orchestra performs live on stage at Hamilton Place.
Hamilton has a rich tradition of sports and athletics including:
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats: Canadian Football League, winner of nine Grey Cup titles.
- Hamilton Bulldogs: American Hockey League, affiliate of NHL’s Montreal Canadiens.
- Hammer City Roller Derby: Women's Flat Track Roller Derby Association (WFTDA)
- Around the Bay Road Race: the longest continuously held long distance foot race in North America, since 1894.
- Spectator Indoor Games: amateur sports games
Providing readers with up-to-date, local content, on why Hamilton is the perfect place for professionals across industries, to work, live, and play!
The Hamilton Professional Ambition - Spring 2017 Edition (PDF, 2.85 MB)
- Date modified: