Studying in Hamilton

Language Proficiency

Each academic institution has its own language proficiency requirements. Academic institutions will accept test results from certified language tests that measure your skills in reading, writing, understanding, and speaking in English. Accepted tests include:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
  • The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • The Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment

For more information on the Language Proficiency requirements for Hamilton’s postsecondary institutions, visit: