Studying in Hamilton

Pathways to Permanent Residency and Citizenship for Students

The City of Hamilton welcomes and encourages our international students to stay and work in Canada after graduation. If you are here on a student/study visa, you will have to apply for a work visa upon graduation. A work visa allows you to work in Canada for up to three years following graduation.

Here are some resources to help you understand how to apply to be a permanent resident in Canada: