Studying in Hamilton

Working in Hamilton

The City of Hamilton welcomes and encourages our international students to remain here to work after graduation. If you are here on a student/study visa, you will have to apply for a work visa (Post Graduation Work Permit) upon graduation. A work visa allows you to work in Canada for as many as three years after you graduate. Find out more about attaining a work visa

Community resources

Student at job fair talking to recruiterOther resources in the community help you find employment, including:

Online resources

College students at a computerOnline and free job boards can also be helpful. Here is a small sampling of job boards available: