The Barton-Kenilworth Commercial Corridor Building Improvement Grant Program supports the development of property and the maintenance, functionality, viability, accessibility and aesthetics of existing building stock used for commercial, multi-residential or institutional uses within the:
- boundaries of the Barton Village Business Improvement Area
- Barton and Kenilworth commercial corridors
- properties that front on Barton Street between James Street North and Victoria Avenue North as identified in the Downtown and Community Renewal Community Improvement Project Area By-law.
The Program supports the Barton and Kenilworth Commercial Corridors Final Recommendations Report (PDF, 5 MB) received by City Council in 2014.
How to apply
- Review the full program description, including program terms. (PDF, 136 KB)
- To be eligible for the grant, improvements must comply with the Barton-Kenilworth Urban Design Guidelines. (PDF, 2 MB)
- Complete the Barton-Kenilworth Commercial Corridor Building Improvement Grant Program application form (PDF, 258 KB) and submit in person or by mail to:
City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West, 7th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2755
- You will need to pay the administration fee when you submit your application:
- The fee is $259.90 for grants less than or equal to $12,500
- The fee is $406.80 for grants greater than $12,500
Application period: Applications accepted to the end of December 2018. Subject to the availability of funding.
- Date modified: