Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure TONIGHT
The Commercial Corridor Housing Loan and Grant Program is designed to stimulate residential development within Downtown Hamilton, Hamilton’s Community Downtowns, the Mount Hope/Airport Gateway, active and dormant Business Improvement Areas and “commercial corridors”, as identified in the Downtown and Community Renewal Community Improvement Project Area By-law, and those properties within the City boundaries designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
The program provides financial assistance for:
- converting existing built commercial space into residential units
- renovations to existing residential units or construction of new units via building additions
- the costs of creating new residential units on vacant land
How to apply
- Review the full program description, including program terms. (PDF, 179 KB)
- You must complete a pre-application form (PDF, 109 KB) that will enable staff to review property details and determine appropriate next steps.
- Complete the Commercial Corridor Housing Loan and Grant Program application form (PDF, 316 KB) and submit in person or by mail to:
City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West, 7th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Attention: Hazel Milsome, Co-ordinator of Urban Renewal Incentives
- You will need to pay the $322.05 administration fee when you submit your application.
- Date modified: