Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
The Commercial Corridor Housing Loan and Grant Program is designed to stimulate residential development within Downtown Hamilton, Hamilton’s Community Downtowns, the Mount Hope/Airport Gateway, active and dormant Business Improvement Areas and “commercial corridors”, as identified in the Downtown and Community Renewal Community Improvement Project Area By-law, and those properties within the City boundaries designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
The program provides financial assistance for:
- converting existing built commercial space into residential units
- renovations to existing residential units or construction of new units via building additions
- the costs of creating new residential units on vacant land
How to apply
- Review the full program description, including program terms. (PDF, 179 KB)
- You must complete a pre-application form (PDF, 109 KB) that will enable staff to review property details and determine appropriate next steps.
- Complete the Commercial Corridor Housing Loan and Grant Program application form (PDF, 316 KB) and submit in person or by mail to:
City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West, 7th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Attention: Hazel Milsome, Co-ordinator of Urban Renewal Incentives
- You will need to pay the $327.70 administration fee when you submit your application.
- Date modified: